SAS Architects

Saint Francis Xavier School

Thanks to a generous private donation from the Domun Dei Foundation, we are working with a select committee to create a new entry and improve life safety and accessibility at The Saint Francis Xavier School in Winooski, Vermont.
- Lynn

st francis 01

st francis 02

The new Entrance addition initiates an inspiring (and efficient) circulation sequence between the original historic Founder’s Wing of St Francis Xavier School with the 1966 Addition of the Providence Wing. A complete lobby renovation includes restoration of the original brick and of the entry stairs of the Founder’s Wing. A full renovation of the first floor restrooms and life safety improvements area also included in this very generous gift form the Domun Dei Foundation.

Saint Francis Xavier History
Parish
• In 1868, Bishop Louis DeGoesbriand established the parish of St. Francis Xavier
• On March 22,1868, the first Mass in a rented hall in the Winooski block.
• Services were held in this hall until the new Saint Francis Xavier Church was built in 1870 School
• The original school, started in 1870 and completed in 1877, was supplemented in 1941 by the construction of a new parochial school.
• Because of population growth and the demand for Catholic education, a modern addition to the existing building was erected in 1966.

Learn more: http://www.sfxvt.org

© 2017 SAS Architects. All rights reserved. Photos courtesy of SAS Architects, Sally McCay, and Carolyn L. Bates. The LEED® Certification trademark is owned by the U.S. Green Building Council and is used with permission.